Menu







Wednesday, March 26, 2014

#TheMasonExperiment: Microwaved Blueberry Pancakes-in-a-Jar





Fake flower petals- Ikea, Strawberries- Marc Jacobs, Blueberries- Moschino
(okay, I kid)


Today's post is a first for #TheMasonExperiment, 
a project I've kickstarted with MasonMarket

I’ll be pitching my newest ideas on the blog, utilising the Mason Jar in the craziest ways- 
from cooking food to storing fashion (Mhmm- blog DNA still in check!)

The Mason Jar is microwave-safe, oven-safe, dishwasher-safe, and airtight- 

which is why I’m confidently using it to cook with.

Join us and get your jar at





MasonMarket.tictail.com


 Be a part of our project, follow us (@MasonMarket and @RandomMacaroons) and 
post all your newest Mason Jar ideas on Instagram with 
#TheMasonExperiment!
 




To say the least, my obsession with eating healthy can go wayyy overboard sometimes and even that cube of butter deserves a good clap for actually being a part of my meal! 

It's probably unexpected that you're actually seeing a post about FOOD on a blog that breathes fashion and might assassinate all ideas dealing with carbs, sugar, or anything that could make wearing a crop-top an unhappy experience (can we please start a petition against those part-time belly-starers oh gosh). But no, it's about time people start to realise that eating is probably the best thing ever since french toast- which is the best thing ever since Jar Pancakes ;)

I was inspired by the Two Saucy Sisters and Boy & the Rabbit to whip my jar out for major experimentation- with a few tweaks to perfectly suit my tastebuds. The best part really is that everything can be mixed, cooked (yes, it's microwavable) and eaten from the Mason Jar!

AND YES, you can try this at home (finally huh?) because it's been tried and tested at 10am in the morning- and I do permit finger dipping and batter licking for best results. A mood-booster and a refreshing way to start a morning, all done and ready in 10 minutes!




Microwaved Pancakes-in-a-Jar (makes 1 serving)
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose-flour
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips (if you desire more chocolate!)
  • about 8 blueberries and another 7 for the bottom (yes, I actually counted how many I put in)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanillin powder


The essential tools:

  • Mason Jar
  • Microwave
  • THAT IS ALL WHOOHOO


LETS GO:

  • Leave the butter out to melt and liquify. Meanwhile, mash the 8 blueberries until flattened and all the juice is out. 
  • Mix all the ingredients together (including the smashed blueberries), butter last when it has liquified. 
  • Taste batter and enjoy
  • Grab yo jar and pour the last 5 blueberries in. Then pour in the pancake batter.
  • Pop the jar (without any cap or cover) into the microwave for 4.5 minutes at Medium
  • Spring into joy when your microwave rings. Add your favourite pancake toppings (butter and maple syrup are to die for)(duh) 
AND VOILA. Hope this recipe finds your stomach well ;)

Lots of Love
Tessa

P.S here's a joke I was dying to crack but I couldn't find any part of the post that I could fit it in


"I mean hello, I bet even Christina Perri was thinking of a MASON Jar of Hearts, because it's completely air-tight."



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! HAHA I was practically standing on the table to get the top view ones- crazy but such a fun experience for this post! Do try it out if you can ;)

      Delete

Every single comment is really wholeheartedly appreciated :)
Such moral support from friends/family/anyone is really a great motivation to me, thank you so much!

Do leave your blog links too, always as curious as ever to check out my commenter's blogs! xx