Menu







Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mental metal state









Pictures taken by Shereen Soon (@shereensoony)

Editor's Market leather top, thrifted Liz Claiborne boyfriend jeans, Zara neckpiece, ASOS rings, Topshop chealsea boots

(CAN I JUST EMPHASIZE HOW HARD IT IS TO NOT LOOK FAT IN BOYFRIEND JEANS- WE PROBABLY TOOK A MILLION SHOTS BEFORE IT WORKED)

Like there hasn't been enough love for this leather top, I've probably worn it a thousand times and it's still at honeymoon stage with me. My attachment to all things straight cut probably plays a huge part in keeping this one close to my heart- its stiff and flat structure ticks all boxes in my to-love criteria sheet.

As I type this, I'm happily at home and away from the crazy sun that's been casting a dry spell on our island. Of course, for the love of getting tanned- it's become the ultimate oven for suntanning. With the sun out, my time spent at home has seen a huuuuge peak and I'd hate to admit- so has my credit card when it comes to transactions. 

A minimal ring (basically plain rings) obsession decided to erupt one fine morning after some quality time with Vogue and I started spending 87632876 hours digging through all kinds of sites for it. I was desperate to get my hands on them. Lethal/ a detrimental state/ or close to being Gretchen Wieners would be the descriptions my own thesaurus would've provided and trust me- I would die if I actually became her. The buying soon came to a good halt and 5, 6, 7, 8 deliveries came flying through my door. Needless to say, I was so happy. But needless to say too, they all looked the same. Yeah yeah one's gold and the other's silver and 0.1cm shorter than the other. I'll continue lying to myself!



That's probably the danger of falling in love with a minimalistic style I guess, there are very little differences between the pieces. But we cannot forget the part where the fun starts- to actually appreciate the pieces for their little differences and the challenge set to carry them differently. 

x
Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every single comment is really wholeheartedly appreciated :)
Such moral support from friends/family/anyone is really a great motivation to me, thank you so much!

Do leave your blog links too, always as curious as ever to check out my commenter's blogs! xx